Moa Magic for your birthday and its FREE.
Wrapped up in bubbles and yummy nibbles, our birthday present is a fashion styling party for you and six to twelve of your friends. Two of our professional Fashion Stylists will create a seasonal outfit or wardrobe specifically suited to your personality, shape, and silhouette. For your girls time out Moa can tweak your Moa outfit of choice to fit your body shape. Specially for you there will be your choice of a Moa Tee, slip or $50 discount, because we love our Moa Woman. To book your Moa party, please send us an email - we look forward to treating you at Moa Grey Lynn!
Come along to West Lynn on Sunday 13th Dec.ember
Treats in store include Tarot Card Readings , Henna Painting along with chocolate and
strawberries, the party frock dress up, and T-Shirt give aways nestled in
natures theme of the day.
Come join us 13th December anytime from 10am to 2pm.
There will be street stalls and music to enjoy
MOA will be open 10-4 on Sunday.
Ae, ko te Rāmere, te rā mutunga o Te wiki o te reo Māori, he āhua tureiti mātou, heoi ano, kei konei ētahi kupu, ētahi kīwaha rānei kia ako!
I know it is Friday and we are a little late to the party but its Te Wiki o te reo Māori and better late then never! Here are a few words or phrases for you to learn.
If you didn't notice the four models we used for this seasons Storm Collection Campaign were all wahine Māori. So I though I would ask them where they are from and their favourite phrase!
This is Ngaumu, she hails from Ngati Kahunguna and Ngai Tahu and she said that she uses "kia tere" the most. Especially here in Tamakimakaurau with all this slow traffic! Nō reira whanau anei tetahi rerenga kupu kia ako mo tenei rā.
"Kia Tere!" "Hurry up!"
We will be bring our new Winter Storm Collection to Wellington next weekend. Yes next weekend! Friday May 22 to Sunday May 24. We are very excited to be at a NEW LOCATION:
Century City Apartments
70 Tory Street
Opening times are Friday 10-4, Saturday 10-4 and Sunday 10-2.
See you down there Wellingtonians!
Here is a sampler of the visual material in the build up to our Storm Collection. If you haven't already noticed we have been putting together a new look for this season's collection to express our personality a little more. Between you and me one of the reasons we have titled it 'Storm' is because that's what we are brewing up in the studio. It takes a huge amount of energy, passion and drive to create a new collection (every season) and we tend to be unpredictable and sometimes moody during this period! So I thought STORM would be an apt name. ;)
The designers and I have lived most of our lives in Auckland City and are Grey Lynn locals through and through. Our cutters, sewers, stylist/retail assistants and pressers are all local too. Moa isn't some big corporation trying to sell you over-priced fast fashion. We are a small family business and we've been around for about 28 years. Instagram is a pretty awesome platform for sharing images and through it we hope to share with you a little more about who we are and what we are about.
INSTORE EASTER SALE
This weekend we are open Easter Saturday and Monday! Spend $100 or over and go into the draw to win $100 in store credit.
Our Easter Hours are:
Friday April 3: Closed
Satuday April 4: 10am - 4pm
Sunday April 5: Closed
Monday April 6: 11am - 4pm
For those special Christmas gifts that require a little more thought and a little less universal appeal; Jewellery is the answer. These pieces of hand crafted silver when worn are a reminder of the love and appreciating from one to another. We have some very talented local jewelers who sell in our Grey Lynn store and our collection is constantly changing. Right now we have some stunning pieces which have inspired this post because of their unique individual appeal. Whether it is delicate silver oars for a water girl, silver rearing ponies for a horse lover or a daisy chain for a romantic I think you might find the perfect gift for that special someone.
Daisy Ring by Kim Jobson
$250 stg silver & 9ct gold
$340 stg silver & 18ct gold
Snowflakes by Kim Jobson $80
Sharks Teeth by Kim Jobson $130
Hematite Swirls by Kim Jobson $98
Oars by Hot Honey $108
Horse Earings by Kim Jobson $144
It is getting terrifyingly close to Christmas so we thought we would put together a few suggestions to help you out this year. Everything you see here is in our Grey Lynn Store. :)
1. Belts (pictured above.) Skinny pony fur ones in different colours?! Yes. Skinny belts are perfect in the Summer to synch dresses, giving you a better shape. Bright colours can make your outfit that little bit more exciting and it is always surprising what patterns and colours you can pair together. Black skinny belts are an ESSENTIAL in all wardrobes, so that is a no brainer if you know they don't have one in their wardrobe yet!
2. Sheer, oversized T-shirt dresses are easy to slip on over a bikini at the beach and then double in the evening as a nice party frock. This one is perrrfect, with black net detailing on the shoulder, a bold black and white print and flattering silhouette. Its simplicity would suit so many different body shapes and styles!
3. Here in NZ we have a huge hole in our ozone, which means a hat is crucial for sun protection. These new Juna hats, made in Aotearoa, come in a range of different printed fabrics and have a leather clasp at the back. Everyone needs a hat and lots of them.
4. Aroha Healing Candles are lovingly hand poured by Rosanna and her partner, Benton Day at their Grey Lynn premises. The duo choose to use re-usable, recyclable glass containers. "Our candles are made with a natural soy wax base, pure cotton & paper braided wicks, pure essential oils and luxury fragrance oil blends. Aroha Healing works to empower people expanding their possibilities for love, rejuvenating health, achieving true satisfaction & love from relationships, alleviating anxieties & depression and elevating heights of bliss..."
5. Kete: a hand woven Summer essential. They are immensely practical and good to take on overseas trips to rep your home country!
6. Eye wear with a conscious. Proof use recycled materials and a portion of every sale goes towards "doing something good"... "we started by donating funds to build two eye clinics in India where over ¼ of the world’s blind population resides." Their sunnies are super comfortable to wear, we have a range of styles and colours in store and they have a surprisingly low price point. You can read more about their company here.
7. Sashes are another wardrobe essential, they are fun, versatile and come in every colour.
Artisit Serena is the newest addition to our Moa team and blesses us with her creativity, vision and passion for bringing to life real women's stories. Endless thanks to this wahine toa for moving mountains (and Moa's.)
"Being a woman for me came to the complete as I share my life with Jakob, a fun, kind, smiley wee baby who arrived 17 months ago. I cannot find words to describe the love. He comes with me often when I make photographs, sharing my art with him is a blessing, as it is to share with all who I am fortunate enough to photograph.
Thank you to all the women who took part in this work.
The Pua Wananga, a mysterious bloom, waits patiently for the right time. Tree tops of magic, out of reach. I await your presence every spring just to get a glimpse, and then my heart beats faster every time I see you. This is why you are the one I choose."